|I am super excited to share that I have been nominated for an award! And what better time to receive this nomination than during the first few days of spring, as the air is bringing a sense of renewal to the environment. I'm excited to share more about this nomination, as well as nominate my own bloggers at the end of this post so stay tuned!
But first, a huge thank you to my new blogging friend Dani from thisvillagegirl.com for nominating me for The Sunshine Blogger Award! I'm truly grateful!
The Sunshine Blogger Award
What is The Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is an award given by bloggers to other bloggers within the community. The exposure and acknowledgment provide motivation to keep on exploring, creating and inspiring not just bloggers but also the readers.
The Sunshine Blogger Award has some rules to follow including:
Here are the questions that Dani has asked me to answer through her nomination:
1. If you left your country tomorrow, where will you go to start a new life and why?
I have always loved the idea of moving to Tuscany and living in an old villa that I slowly restore over time. Ever since reading Under the Tuscan Sun by Frances Mayes, I have always imagined moving there one day and being able to tend to my own garden and bask in the Italian sunshine. Maybe this will come true one day, you never know!
2. Do you feel comfortable going to the movies or eating out alone?
Sometimes! I enjoy being around others and sharing a meal, but I think there is something to be said about feeling comfortable spending time on your own and enjoying a mindful meal or outing all on your own. It's the perfect chance to practice some mindfulness skills!
3.What do you like best in your life?
I like my sense of curiosity best in my life. I find that trying to remain curious has helped me to meet new people, have new experiences, and push myself out of my comfort zone at times. It also helps that I am a therapist by trade and the skill of remaining curious is very important in a therapeutic relationship!
4. Do you think people in the past centuries were more adventurous than we are?
I think technology has helped to open up the possibility of exploring more of the world, which helps to increase our present day ability of being adventurous and flying to new places and experiencing exotic cultures, people and customs. Yet, I also think technology can cause us to isolate ourselves and keep us from having genuine connections with others, so I try to check in with myself to make sure I am having real and authentic conversations with others around me, not just through my smartphone.
5. Have you told anyone that you don’t love your parents?
I can't imagine ever saying this. My parents have always been there for me, and I appreciate their support and love every single day!
6. If you only have one year to live and will not look ill until the end, how long will you wait to tell your family and friends?
This is a tough question! I hope that I would try to live each day to its fullest (as we all should strive to do even without a time limit like this), but I would also probably need the support of my friends and family if this was to happen, so I can imagine opening up to my loved ones quickly if this was the case.
7. Would you rather go on a four week vacation with your parents or go for four weeks of uncompensated overtime at work?
I would love to revisit Disneyland in California with my parents! We went as a family when I was young and I can still remember how exciting it was to drive there and enjoy this time with my parents and siblings.
8. Which will disturb you more: ignoring your personal hygiene for a month or having sex with a stranger?
Another tough question! I think that both would be disturbing to me to be honest.
9. If your car with a soothing voice tells you that you have gained weight, how long will it take you to disable the feature?
I would probably ignore this voice and disable this feature as soon as possible. I feel like it's important to surround yourself with positive thoughts and messages that can uplift you rather than bring you down (even if these messages are coming from an inanimate object like my car).
10. Does the fact that you have not done a specific thing increase or decrease its appeal to you?
It depends on the context. Sometimes when an opportunity arises for me to push myself out of my comfort zone, it can feel really scary but also be quite appealing to find out how much I am able to grow and learn from the experience. I have found this to be very true for blogging!
11. Would you make a substantive sacrifice to have any of the following: your picture on a postage stamp, your statue in a park, a college named after you or a Nobel Prize?
I would definitely consider making a sacrifice to be recognized through one of these great honours.. but I would also hope I had done something to deserve it! Although, if you told me the sacrifice was to give up coffee for the rest of my life, I may have to decline. :)
The inspirational bloggers I would like to nominate for this award are...
Sara of mshealthesteem.com
Lucy of succeednow.co.uk
Yolanda of putthekettleon.ca
Nadalie of itsallyouboo.com
Ayanna of 21flavorsofsplendor.com
Nicole of notquitesupermom.com
Michelle of withthehuddlestons.com
Deanna of thegoalgirlsguidetolife.wordpress.com
Sundaye of thesunnystruggle.com
And here are my questions for you to answer:
1. How do you feel about being nominated for this award?
2. What qualities do you admire in others?
3. What is one thing that brings you joy in your life?
4. If you could live anywhere, where would it be and why?
5. What (or who) inspires you?
6. If your life was the title of a movie or book, what would it be?
7. What risks do you believe are worth taking?
8. What is your favorite season, and why?
9. What's the best part of your life right now?
10. What piece of advice would you give to your younger self?
11. Where would you like to see yourself (or your blog) in five years from now?
Looking forward to reading all of my nominees answers on their blog. Be sure to check out their websites for some awesome content, as well!
Other uplifting articles to check out:
The links in this article may be affiliate links that I will be compensated for at no additional cost to you. Want to start your own blog? Click here to learn how!
Welcome to the blog!↓ That's me, Heather. :)
MENTAL HEALTH RESOURCE VAULT
Check your email for instructions on how to access
the Members Only Resource Vault.
At Home Yoga Routine
Self-Care Bullet Journal
Lavender Oatmeal Soap
Mental Health + Money
Reusable Food Wraps