|It can be super important to let the mother in your life know that you appreciate all of her hard work and dedication in taking care of so many others around her. It can be a tough job to inherent all of the responsibilities and jobs that are often absorbed by a mom, so help her to feel pampered and special every once in awhile ~ especially on Mother's Day, which falls on Sunday, May 13 this year.
This article will share four ways you can create a special pamper session for the mother in your life including a Spa, Soak, Glam or Zen session. Get creative and try to surprise her this Mother's Day - personalize her pamper session with her favourite scents or chocolates to show her that you know just what she likes.
“Sometimes the strength of motherhood is greater than natural laws.” ~ Barbara Kingsolver
1. Spa Session.
Whether you book a massage session at your nearest spa, or perform your own at home, a spa session is always a great idea for helping to pamper and show the mother in your life how much you care about her well-being.
A massage can be a great way to feel relaxed and allow any worries and stress to melt away. It can be easy and also more cost-effective to create a relaxing massage room at home. Here are some suggestions to pull this off:
1. Find a comfortable space for the massage and ensure you have towels, soothing music playing in the background, and high-quality massage oil, or Fractionated Coconut Oil (FCO) and relaxing essential oils like Lavender or Ylang Ylang.
2. Ask your mom how she enjoys her massage, if she would like it to be gentle or more deep tissue. You don't have to be an expert, your mom will appreciate the tension leaving her muscles as she is enjoying her at-home massage.
Follow up this at-home or spa massage with a special dessert and glass of bubbly to make sure your mom knows just how special you think she is!
2. Soak Session.
This pamper session recommendation comes from my sister who is the mother of two young children. I have heard her say numerous times how wonderful it would be to have even 30 minutes of uninterrupted time to simply just soak in the bath tub. Often times she only has a few minutes to relax until she's back in 'mom mode'.
So in order to pull off this soak session for your mother who desperately needs a detoxifying soak in the bath tub, consider the following steps:
1. Start filling the bath tub with warm water, adding her favourite bubble bath or a combination of essential oils and a carrier oil such FCO to the flowing water.
2. Ensure there is a fluffy towel or comfortable bath robe for her nearby.
3. Place extra pampering items close to the bath tub such as a face mask, bath scrub, or scented soap (extra points for a glass of wine or champagne).
4. And the most important step ~ occupy the kids for a minimum of 30 minutes so that she has this time to herself to relax and soak on her own.
3. Glam session.
Help the mother in your life feel extra special today by preparing a glam session for her. Whether the mom in your life loves wearing make up or only gets dressed up for special occasions, it can be a great way to feel special and even more beautiful to spend the day glammed up.
Some ideas of helping the mother in your life with a glam session:
4. Zen Session.
This pamper session is designed for the mother in your life that appreciates the benefits of mindfulness or meditation which relates to focusing on the moment and feeling grounded within the mind and the body. If this sounds like it would fit well with your mom, consider pampering her with a zen session.
An easy way to help the mother in your life practice mindfulness today is to share a mindful clip like this Mindful Walking Practice and allow her to have this space and time to unwind and feel more centered within herself.
Another option, especially if the mother in your life enjoys being physical as a way of unwinding, is to upgrade her yoga or fitness equipment and encourage her to take this time for herself to practice and get her zen on today.
How will you be pampering the mother in your life this Mother's Day?
Or, if you are a Mom yourself, how would you like to be pampered this year?
Share in the comments below!
More Inspiration to Take Care of Your Mom
This article is a sponsored post. The links on this page may be embedded with affiliate links that I am compensated for at no additional cost to you. The statements and information on this website are not intended to diagnose, cure, or prevent disease.
Welcome to the blog!↓ That's me, Heather. :)
MENTAL HEALTH RESOURCE VAULT
Check your email for instructions on how to access
the Members Only Resource Vault.
// At Home Yoga Routine
// Self-Care Bullet Journal
// Manage Pandemic Stress
// Night Time Meditations
// Mental Health + Money