|More and more people are investing in teeth whitening. After all, nothing looks better than a sparkly white smile. However, once you have visited a dentist, it is important to look after your teeth properly. This involves cutting down on food that are notorious for staining teeth, or cleaning your teeth thoroughly immediately after you eat one of the following.
Please note: This article does not contain legal, financial, healthcare or therapeutic advice. If you are concerned about your health or well-being, speak with a health professional or visit your nearest medical facility in an emergency. This is a collaborative article.
In this blog post, we are going to take a look at five foods that cause stains to your teeth. You won’t need to avoid these foods, but by cleaning your teeth afterward, you can help to make sure that you do not end up causing permanent changes to the shades of your teeth.
1. Berries – We don’t advise cutting the likes of blueberries, raspberries, and cranberries from your diet, as they are packed with health benefits. However, you should wash them down with a glass of milk or water afterward. Milk is great for neutralizing acid.
Also, do not keep the berries in your mouth for too long, as the deep and rich hue can cause significant discoloration. This is important when it comes to pediatric dentistry as well. If your child has berries as a snack, it is a good idea to provide them with a small glass of milk as well.
2. Balsamic Vinegar – Balsamic vinegar makes a delicious and healthy salad dressing. To ensure it does not stain your teeth, eat a lot of lettuce in relation to the amount of vinegar you use, as lettuce will help to clean the vinegar off your teeth.
3. Acidic and Citrus Foods – Any dentist will tell you that your white smile can soon become discolored if you eat a lot of acidic and citrus foods. They can also expose the yellow dentin under your teeth, as they cause acid erosion.
4. Curry – Do you love getting a takeaway curry on the weekend? Try to make sure you avoid eating curry excessively. Your teeth can turn yellow over time due to the deep pigmentation found in most curries. You can attempt to counteract the effect by including more vegetables and fruits in the curry.
5. Pasta Sauce – After a long, hard day at work, nothing seems easier than cooking some pasta and using a readymade jar of sauce. However, pasta sauce is one of the worst offenders for stains, as it has a bright red hue and an acidic consistency that can cling to your teeth.
So, if you have recently invested in teeth whitening, make sure you eat the above sparingly! A lot of people think that the only food that really causes stains on their teeth is coffee, but this is not the case. There are a lot of different types of foods that can cause stains, and this is why it is important to take steps to protect your teeth and ensure that they do not turn a different color. If you want your teeth to be whiter, it is worth speaking to your dentist.
Related: 4 Ways That Dental Issues Adversely Affect Your Emotional Health
The links in this article may be affiliate links that I will be compensated for at no additional cost to you. Want to start your own blog? Click here to visit the store.
Welcome to the blog!↓ That's me, Heather. :)
MENTAL HEALTH RESOURCE VAULT
Check your email for instructions on how to access
the Mental Health Resource Vault.
// 25 Positive Mindset Quotes
// Self-Care Bullet Journal Spreads
// 7 Ways Your Physical Health is Connected to Your Mental Health